Monday 12 November 2012

Katy's Challenge: 6th - 13th November

Another week, another challenge! This time the image was a series of red berries in the shape of a love heart on a snowy background. I chose to use the colour scheme as my inspiration and found a box that my dad had received a gift in that I decided to convert into a gift box (saves it going to waste!). I first covered the cardboard box in a layer of white card so that it was easier to attach my decorative papers.


I then cut some silver Mirri card and mounted it behind different papers from the "Home For Christmas" paper pack from Papermania. Using the X-Cut Heart Nesting Dies I made a small love heart from red shimmer card for the top of the box, incorporating a festive message into the center. To complete, I added red and silver heart gems in each corner of the sides of the box and tied a silver and white ribbon around the center.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Emma. Another wonderful box, I'm quite envious of you! Lovely get well card too. So many projects you seem to be taking "eat... sleep...craft quite literally. Same here frankly. Now I've worked out blogging will keep in touch a little more. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete