Monday 19 November 2012

Katy's Challenge: 13th - 20th November

Sketch challenge time again this week, and a particularly tricky one at that! The sketch this week consists of two hexagons, a theme that seems to be cropping up in some of the daily sketches as well, with some background detail behind them. I decided to make a male card for a change, utilizing my new Wellington Ultimate Die-Cut pack and some old scraps of paper that I found lying around that happened to have a co-ordinating ribbon set!


I shaped the die-cut image into a hexagon by hand (as it seems to be one of the few shapes that my mum doesn't have a die for!) and then double-mounted the image onto red followed by gold. The smaller hexagon is a simple sheet of the Bookprint paper which I've inked with chestnut ink to add a little dimension before double-mounting onto navy blue and then gold. The message tag is one of the self-adhesive ones from the Ultimate Die-Cut pack, as are the letters down the left hand side of the card. To finish, I added gold gem and a little flag shaped piece of paper to fill that fiddly little gap in the top corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment