Monday 14 April 2014

Spider Earrings

I was looking for something to do over the weekend when my friend asked me if I wanted to go see the new Spiderman movie that comes out next week. I was looking online for running times and things and somehow got side-tracked onto looking at spider themed earrings. That's when I stumbled across this neat tutorial by atomicrose on how to make Beaded Spiders (see http://www.instructables.com/id/Beaded-Spider-Tutorial/). I'm always up for a challenge so I had a go at making myself a set of earrings. The technique is a bit fiddly and I'm a bit of a novice at jewellery making but I'm pretty happy with how they turned out...



The spiders are only about 4cm across and 3cm high so they're not too bulky (which I was worried about to begin with!). You have to be REALLY careful with the legs as well, I secured mine at the back with glue but they have come unstuck a couple of times already so I must remember to use something stronger next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment