Sunday 16 December 2012

Coloured Christmas Cards

Long time, no blog! University is finally finished for Christmas and I've come home to find that my mum has added a load more goodies to her stash. Funnily enough my mum rejected the Frosty & Friends Colour Me Die Cuts that she got in a Goody Bag from Craftwork Cards so I thought that I would give them a go and see how they looked. There was a sheet of 16 mini images as well as four sheets of larger images. I coloured all the images using simple coloured pencils and fine-tipped pens. Here are some of the cards I came up with...


For this first card I combined one of the small images - mounted on dark green card and decorated with gold metallic pen - with the Papermania Noel collection (backing paper and greeting tag), as well as some gold Mirri card and ribbon and gold gemstones. 


This second one I didn't like as much but oh well, crafting is always a bit of trial and error! I embossed the outer edge of a scalloped card with a holly border punch which I then chalked to add a bit of definition. I chose a co-ordinating scalloped die-cut with a snowman and mounted it on gold Mirri card to provide a contrast to the green and maroon background. To finish I added a white and gold message tag and some gold adhesive gemstones.


Scaling things up a little bit with my third attempt I used one of the larger images for this card. Again I stuck with a red, gold and green colour scheme, using the Papermania Noel paper and adding final mini holly leaf embellishments, as well a self-adhesive letter greeting from the Papermania Cranberry & Apple set.


I used another large image for this card, changing to a blue and silver colour combination for a more Winter-y feel. The backing paper is from a really old Dovecraft pack I think, was just one I found in one of my mum's scrap boxes.


This is probably my favorite card of the ones that I've made so far. I didn't think the colour combination would work as I was going along but I think it turned out really well! The paper I used is from the Mistletoe Kisses collection from Papermania, which I discovered had these little letters that matched the colours in the paper. I spelled out a greeting that I thought fitted with the cute penguin image and ironically is the same name as the paper collection. To finish I added a punched snowflake in a pale blue which I then coloured with green and red pen to tie in with the backing paper.


Another snowman image for this card, juggling snowball this time (as you do!). I stuck with the silver and blue theme from the previous snowman card as I thought it worked well, incorporating a silver greeting tag and some sliver snowflake Candi.


My final card I think wins on the cuteness scale, I love the wee polar bear! I used a different paper from the Papermania Mistletoe Kisses paper pack and made my own greeting using some co-ordinating coloured card and silver adhesive letters. To complete I added white and silver spotted Candi in opposite corners.

No comments:

Post a Comment