Monday 6 May 2013

Button Box

I'm just going to take a break from exam revision to update you with my latest project from the weekend! My mum bought the awesome new Capsule Collection Brights mixed bag of buttons and so I decided to decorate one of the Bare Basics boxes to give us a place to store them.


First I covered the lid with pink cardstock and then the button patterned paper from the Forever Friends Kraft Notes range. I used a pale blue piece of cardstock for the message banner, adding Birdsong self-adhesive lettering and a pale pink button that I stitched into place with beige thread. After attaching the message banner to the top of the box, I riffled through my collection of buttons (mostly Capsule Collection, Vintage Notes and Boofle!) and found some blue, brown, cream and pink buttons that tied in with the colours in the papers. I decorated the sides of the box with blue and pink cardstock and the floral paper from the Kraft Notes range. To complete, I added some pale pink ribbon and the button patterned ribbon from the Kraft Notes range around the edge of the box lid. Here's a closer view of the detail on the lid...


No comments:

Post a Comment