Thursday 18 April 2013

Dolly Mixtures Cards - Coleen and Cheryl

LOVE the new Craftwork Cards "Dolly Mixtures" papers!!! My mum got both the Coleen and Cheryl packs and I just had to try them out. I have to admit the Coleen papers are my favorite, the wee Scottie dogs are adorable! I used the dog patterned paper for my first card, mounting it onto some pink card and then a 5 x 5" card blank.  I remembered there was a doggie stencil from Craftwork Cards so I used it to cut a black dog to match the background paper, tying a little bit of pink ribbon around its neck to add some detail.


I decided to keep things relatively simple as the backing paper was quite busy so I used three of the co-ordinating flags that come in the paper pack in the to corner of my card. To complete, I added two rows of mint green Candi, black stitching detail around the flags and a "With Love" greeting tag.

Now here's my Cheryl card! I went for a similar layout as my dog card but used some purple and orange-yellow flowers that I cut using one of the Craftwork Cards stencils as a template, embellishing with purple Candi centers. For the background I tore the floral patterned paper from the Cheryl paper pad and inked the edges with purple ink before mounting onto dark purple card and then a 5 x 5" card black. I added small orange-yellow brads to the top and bottom corner and curled the edges to give a more distressed look.


To complete the card I added two of the co-ordinating flags and a gold and white die-cut message tag, also from Craftwork Cards. Hope you like them!

No comments:

Post a Comment