Friday 7 June 2013

Vintage Notes Cards

I discovered a 6 x 6" pack of the Vintage Notes paper last week that I didn't even know we had, which just proves that my mum and I clearly have too much craft stuff! I used a couple of the Docrafts Creativity Club sketches again for these cards. For this first one I layered up four different papers, stamping a best wishes greeting onto one of the more subtle patterned papers. I chose a beige button from the Vintage Notes button bag and threaded it onto some pale pink ribbon to tie in with my background paper. To complete the card I made some pink roses using the Spellbinders Bitty Blossom dies, added some pink pearl gems and some brown faux stitching.


I re-arranged the sketch a little bit for my second card and added a scalloped circle element to tie in with the background paper. I then embellished round the circle with gold gems to co-ordinate with the gold Mirri card that I mounted each of the papers on.


Finally I added pale pink and blue gems to the corners of each rectangle of papers, a greeting banner with pink brads and some hand-cut love hearts from the embellishments page in the paper pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment