Tuesday 19 February 2013

Kraft Cards for Guys and Girls

I made a couple of cards at the weekend using some 6 x 6" Kraft cards: one for a male friends 19th birthday and a feminine version using the Sweet Pea papers from Craftwork Cards. For the male card I stuck with a simple pale blue, white and brown colour scheme to tie in with the colours in the cute Wellington image that I chose from the Ultimate Die Cut Pack. I used a large brown button from the Boofle Buttons pack which I threaded with some garden twine to add a bit of texture. I also poked holes around the torn paper to give the card a shabby chic look, as well as inking the edges of the checkered paper with Chestnut ink. To complete I added a Craftwork Card message tag, brown brads and some pale brown spotted Candi.



For the female version of this card I used the gorgeous Sweet Pea papers from Craftwork Cards. Tearing and inking the background paper as before, I layered up the foreground with a stamped image from the Papermania Botanical Prints Urban Stamps set that I then mounted onto pink, purple and Kraft card. I added a lilac ribbon to the background to tie in with the colour scheme as well as two of the die cut flowers from the Sweet Pea paper pack, to which I added button centers. To complete I added a Craftwork Cards message tag, some pink and purple pearl gems and three pink Candi to the bottom corner.


1 comment: