Friday 15 February 2013

Purple Birdcage Card

Well it's Friday again and I've just got one final physiology lab to survive this afternoon before I get to go home for another weekend of crafting. I made this card last weekend and didn't realise that I hadn't put it up on here, so let me rectify that now! I found these Kraft Card birdcages from Craftwork Cards in my mum's stash and decided to go with a purple and brown colour scheme for this 5 x 7" card. I double-mounted a sheet of the Craftwork Cards Bohemian paper onto purple card and then Kraft card to create a background and added some handmade purple paper behind the love heart in the birdcage to keep with the colour scheme. I also threaded through some purple velour ribbon and added some purple gems to give it a bit of extra sparkle!


I added another strip of lilac ribbon along the top of the card and some more purple gems in the bottom corner to tie all the elements together. The "With Love" message is stamped in Chestnut ink onto Kraft Card using the Craftwork Cards Printer Block letters, which I love! I like how it produced a really subtle, almost watermark look that doesn't overpower the rest of the card. I cut the letters out individually and mounted them onto the same purple card I used in the background so that they weren't lost against the birdcage. To finish, I added a little birdy with a purple gemstone for the eye and some of the little Craftwork Cards flowers with purple gem centers. Hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment