Monday 18 March 2013

Anyone would think I liked this sketch...

I was flicking through some of the Docraft Creativity Club exclusive sketches and I found the one that I used for my mum's Mother's Day card...cue a burst of inspiration! For my first card I used the gorgeous DCWV All About Girls Stack...


I picked out colours from my chosen papers to use in the background, a vivid purple and a cream textured cardstock that I tore and then inked the edges in cyan. I decided to mount the papers onto silver Mirri card to give a border between them and break the patterns up a bit. The message tag is a die-cut one from Craftwork Cards that I double mounted and decorated with purple gems. The sketch has a flower element in the bottom corner so I made a wee flower using the Glorious Gerbera dies and a button from the Vintage Notes range that matched the colours in the papers. To finish I added a punched butterfly in cyan glitter card and some CWC Candi.

I used another of the DCWV stacks for my second card, the aptly named Safari Chic stack! The colours are great; combining browns with splashes of orange and green for a bit of contrast.


For this card I mounted the papers on gold Mirri card and used a pale green card in the background, inking the edges of the cream card with Chestnut ink this time. I used another of the CWC message tags, with gold text this time, and some of their green and gold spotty Candi. I kept the flower more simple this time, using plain brown and orange papers with another Vintage Notes button. To complete I added a punched green shimmer card butterfly and some pale green gems.


No comments:

Post a Comment