Monday 25 March 2013

Happy Days Birthday Card

Right, now that I've regained the feeling in my fingers (so damn cold outside today!) I guess I ought to show you one of my latest makes. I loved Creativity Club Sketch #261 and thought that it would work great with the Papermania Happy Days range and one of the Kraft card mannequins from Craftwork Cards.


I had to tweak the sketch a little bit to accommodate the mannequin but the diagonal strips of paper and the flags were elements from the sketch. All the papers I used were from the Happy Days range and I particularly love the floral patterned paper that I used on the dress as it ties in well with the colours in the background paper. I embellished the dress with small gemstones and a piece of red sating ribbon that I found in my stash. The greetings tag is from CWC and I mounted it onto the red zig-zag paper from the Happy Days range to tie in with the colour scheme. To finish I added some blue, red and yellow buttons from the Papermania Vintage Notes range (to tie in with the haberdashery theme!) and went round the edges of the flags and the dress with clear glitter glue to add some sparkle!

2 comments: