Sunday 10 March 2013

Mother's Day Card

Happy Mother's Day! Here's the card that I made my amazing mum using the new Kraft Notes range that I got in my first batch of Docraft Designer goodies. I also used one of the sketch layouts that are exclusive to Docraft Creativity Club members and I thought would work really well with the co-ordinating papers in the Kraft Notes 6 x 6" pack. I chose a 6 x 6" card blank and layered up some silver Mirri card followed by the butterfly Kraft Notes paper.


Next I cut squares and rectangles of patterned paper in varying sizes and mounted them on silver Mirri card in a similar arrangement to the sketch, adding some stitching detail along the edge. The flower in the corner was made by die-cutting the largest and second largest flowers in the Glorious Gerbera pack and folding the petals over to give some dimension. To complete the flower I added a co-ordinating coloured button from the Vintage Notes range. The final touches were a message tag from Craftwork Cards, a punched butterfly in the button paper from the Kraft Notes range and some wee pink love heart buttons that I found in my mum's stash.

1 comment:

  1. A very pretty card and I love the way you've done the flower, I bet your mum was really pleased. Jane x

    ReplyDelete