Sunday 30 December 2012

Die-Cut Christmas Tree Cards

I was hunting for some Christmassy things to use as inspiration for a card and I discovered a die-cut Christmas tree that my mum has actually had for aaaages! I combined some Kraft card with a zig-zag patterned paper from the Winter Frost paper collection by Craftwork Cards. For the background I used the snowflake patterned paper from the same range as the colours are the same as the zig-zags and work nicely with the Kraft card. Next I used the Papermania Happy Days Ticket Stub die to cut four tags from Kraft card which I then threaded onto some gold organza ribbon. I stamped the word "Xmas" onto pale pink card using the Printer Block stamps from Craftwork Cards, and then stuck these onto the tags. To complete, I punched some pale blue snowflakes and dotted them about the card to tie in all the elements.


Using the other sections of Christmas tree that I had left over I made a second card. This time I used the blue dotted paper from the Winter Frost collection and a pink organza ribbon to link together the tags to form the Xmas Tree message. I made a little hill for the tree to stand on out of the same pink that I used from the message and embellished with Kraft card punched snowflakes with pink glitter gem centers.



No comments:

Post a Comment