Saturday 22 December 2012

Katy's Challenge 18th December - 2nd January

Christmas is nearly upon us and for Katy's Challenge this week I decided to take a break from making Christmas cards and try something a bit different. The challenge is a two week one this time, as it is over the Christmas period, and the image was of a selection of red, brown, yellow and blue buttons. I thought "Brilliant!" because my mum had just bought the Boofle Tri-Boss Buttons folder and so I began by tearing and then embossing a tan brown sheet of Coredinations card. I then dug out the Wellington Ultimate Die Cut pack and re-shaped one of the images into a scalloped circle using the X-cut dies and then mounted this on a larger circle of chocolate brown card. Next, I layered up a sheet of the stripey Wellington paper on a piece of gold Mirri card and stuck my image onto this with foam pads before added a wiggly blue border and red gems.

To complete I added a birthday message tag from Craftwork Cards,which I mounted on some blue card and decorated with gold gems, and some blue buttons with red thread through the centers. I'll let you know how the challenge goes in a couple of weeks, fingers crossed!


No comments:

Post a Comment