Monday 21 January 2013

Floral Gift Box

I actually made this gift box about two weeks ago now and then promptly got caught up in exam revision and forgot to upload the pics! Well here it goes anyway, this is a basic rectangular box that I decided to decorate using one of the fab Craftwork Cards Goody Bags. I started by making up each of the flowers using different combinations of the pre-cut flowers in the pack. I used a variety of embellishments at the center as you can see: the top left has a metallic blue brad at the center, the bottom right has a pink polka-dot button and the others have varying colours of glittery gems. Once assembled I glitzed all the flowers with some Spray and Sparkle to give them a nice finish before setting them aside while I covered the box.



For the lid of the box I kept it simple by mounting a sheet of the co-ordinating blue paper onto some silver Mirri card. Round the rim of the lid I used green and pink paper with white writing mounted onto silver Mirri card with contrasting coloured brads. On the sides I used white spotty paper and inked the edges to match the sides of the lid before mounting on silver Mirri card. To finish I added a message banner and the flowers to the lid and...TA DA, there you have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment