Monday 14 January 2013

Floral Birthday Cards

Well back to university for the new semester now so I thought I ought to take a quick break from exam revision and get the old blog up to speed with my latest creations of the holidays. I've take a liking to the Craftwork Cards flowers that you can use individually or layer up to create a bit of dimension. This was my first card using some of the more brightly coloured flowers which I combined with a Doodlebug checkered paper that I found that was in the same colour scheme. I the tore a sheet of orange Coredinations card and used this behind the flowers to give a more shabby chic look and also break up the background a bit. To complete I stuck on the flowers at varying heights to give a bit of dimension, added a blue ribbon and Craftwork Cards message banner mounted on blue card.


For my second attempt I used flowers from one of the Goody Bags that came with co-ordinating coloured paper. I love the little spiral flowers that you can roll up to give dimension so I mounted one of these onto two of the five petaled flowers and added a metallic pink brad at the center. I also used two of the smaller flowers to which I added glitter gems at the center. In the background I used a sheet of blue paper from the Goody Bag and a square of torn pink Coredinations card embossed with a leafy embossing folder. To finish I added a strip of paper from another of the papers in the Goody Bag with white text on it, a white message tag and some pale blue pearl gems.


For my final card I bent two of the large flowers to give them a bit of dimension before layering them up and stitching a chocolate brown button into the center with pink thread. I used another two of the smaller flowers either side with glittery gems in the center. This time I used a sheet of the white Coredinations card which I embossed with a floral design embossing folder and then inked lightly with cerise pink ink. The background paper was the same as I took a strip from for the previous card as the colours tied in with those in the flowers. To complete I added a silver spotty message banner with a birthday greeting and some dark blue pearl gems.


Well that's it for this post, back to the joys of physiology revision...



No comments:

Post a Comment