Tuesday 29 January 2013

For You Gift Box

After being subjected to three hours worth of biology lectures I thought I'd take a quick time out and update my blog before I hit the books again. When I was at home this weekend I made another gift box using some 8 x 8" Kraft Card and some of the die-cut flowers from Craftwork Cards. To begin with I made up the little flowers for the top, layering them up and adding gold brads at the center of the two smaller flowers. I chose a sheet of the blue, beige and teal Sweet Pea paper to go behind the flowers as I wanted to introduce some colour to the box. I stuck a small square of the paper on some gold Mirri card before mounting onto the box and decorating with the flowers and a teal-inked message tag.


For the sides of the box I used another of the papers from the Sweet Pea range and cut rectangles of different colours which I then mounted onto gold Mirri card to tie in with the top of the box. To complete I added gold gems to the corners of the sides to add a bit of final sparkle. I love how simple these flowers are to use and they look fantastic on loads of different projects.

Well that's all from me for now, hope you like the box!

No comments:

Post a Comment