Sunday 6 January 2013

New Creativity Magazine just arrived!

I have to admit, when my mum first pulled the Chronology papers out of the Goody Bag for this month I was a little bit hesitant. The designs are nice but they seem to be printed in a really dark black that makes it difficult to find elements to go with them. When the new magazine came in with the set of Chronology stamps through I thought it was worth giving them a try. Here's what I came up with...


I liked the vivid orange of this backing paper so I stuck with an orange, white and black colour scheme for the card. I tore the edges of the Chronology paper before mounting it onto plain black card and then onto a white 5 x 7" card blank. In the foreground, I added a torn piece of the black card complete with a white organza ribbon and orange message banner with black self-adhesive letters and brads. I stamped the large image from the stamp set in black ink before trimming to size and inking the edges with a co-ordinating orange ink. I was aiming for a more masculine card so I avoided flowers and instead chose some black button embellishments with orange and white thread through them to complete the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment